Alzheimer's Association Coordinator - Joliet Office
Reports To:Director, Education & Outreach
Status:Volunteer / 4-6 hours per week
The purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Education & Outreach in handling all AACR (Alzheimer’s Association Community Rep) applications throughout the Greater IL Chapter.
This position will ensure that all AACR applicants have a pleasant and easy experience in being vetted and secured for a training to become a Community Representative. The AACR Coordinator will respond to all applicants in a consistent and timely manner, assist with references, and supply them with all pre-training materials.
The AACR Coordinator will also help inventory and pack Association materials for health fairs.
• Organize AACR applicants by office area
• Discuss community /AACR needs with staff
• Check references via telephone
• Update potential AACRs on their status
• Assist in the coordination of training dates and locations
• Mail / email support materials to AACR candidates
• Register AACRs in trainings that are convenient to them
• Update AACR spreadsheets and files
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Google Apps
• Positive attitude and flexibility within schedule
• Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease a plus
For more information contact