Blog and Social Media Internship
The Blog/Social Media Intern will assist the staff with online marketing, outreach, and content creation functions, including but not limited to:
• Supporting the maintenance of NWA’s blog and all social media outlets
• Writing original content for NWA’s blog (http://www.jot.org/blog/)
• Building the number of subscribers to and readers of NWA’s blog; building relationships with relevant bloggers and blogging organizations
• Working with staff to develop new ideas to raise NWA’s online visibility and reach
• Promoting events, publications, and conversation using online platforms.
The Neighborhood Writing Alliance seeks a highly organized individual for the position of Blog/Social Media Intern. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a cohesive team. Qualifications for the position include:
• Earned or currently pursuing a bachelors degree at an accredited university
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Interest in non-profit administration and marketing/communications
• Interest in community-based arts, social justice, and/or adult education
• Self-motivation, accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
• Preferred: experience using Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wordpress, social bookmarking, especially in an organizational, work, or internship setting
• Ability to work in our Hyde Park office 1–2 days per week.
The Neighborhood Writing Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 20, 2012 at 8am.
For more information contact